Carrot halwa – Sudha Alagappan
Red Delhi carrots or English carrots – 4-5 (big)
Khoya (solidified milk) – 250 g
Milk – 2cup
Cashew, Badam and Pista
Ghee and oil: 10 spoons (totally)
1.Grate the carrots in a small grater to get really fine carrot pieces.
2. Take a pan. Heat oil and ghee together. Add the grated carrots and fry it for few minutes till its color changes.
3. Add milk. Keep the stove in low flame. Let the carrot cook in milk for 5 minutes. Remember – All carrot should be soaked in the milk. If required, add some more milk.
4. Then add sugar. Stir and cook for few minutes. Now, add khoya. Mix well. Keep stirring. If required, add 2-3 spoons of ghee. Let the stove remain in low flame. Stir until the halwa thickens.
5. Chop the badam, pista and almond. Fry the chopped nuts in the ghee and garnish the halwa. Tasty Carrot Halwa Ready!
6. Serve warm, cold or store in refrigerator.